Solved

Cannot change cost on standard cost item when it has an inventory QTY

• 10 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Would like to change the standard cost on a stock item, but we get the following error if there is a quantity in inventory.  I believe there is no away around this other than to adjust out inventory, make the change, then adjust it back in.  “IN Error: There is non zero Quantity on Hand for this item. You can only change Cost when the Qty on Hand is equal to zero”

Is this correct?

icon

Best answer by dgodsill97 11 June 2024, 16:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ltussing03 is this a purchased item or a Manufactured item?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

purchased

valuation method standard

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Debbie Baldwin any thoughts on this?  Can we really not change standard costs on stock items if they have inventory QTYs?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve only ever seen this issue when changes the UoM, not cost.  We use Standard Valuation, and can adjust costs.  To make sure, you are going to the Pending Cost, then trying to Update Pending Costs?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

You have to update the Pending Cost, either manually or using the BOM Cost Roll. Then run the Standard Cost Preview Report to make sure your Standard Cost Adjustment won’t set your CFO;s hair on fire. Then run Update Standard Cost process which will revalue the inventory and create a standard cost adjustment transaction.

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=29dd17ca-5a7d-4ec8-864f-4f8d8916efb1

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I get the error on the stock item screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ltussing03 - it’s only going to work using Dennis’s suggestions above. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Thank you.  I read through it but misunderstood to just update the pending cost without trying to “update costs” from the stock item screen.

Thanks Dennis!

Thanks for helping Debbie!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved