BOM Export Scenario

• 30 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone have an export scenario that will export BOM’s so that they can be imported into another tenant

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

which version of Acumatica?

Userlevel 1

Thank you Dennis… 

2019 R1 with Manufacturing 19.111.0038.53

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please send me an email and I will send you an export scenario.  Dennis.Godsill@acumatica.com

Userlevel 3
Badge

This might work with 2018R2, 2019R2, or 2020R1.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Be careful of the <Save> line at the end of the export scenario - this will write back data to the BOM file.   It is not needed if you are only exporting data.  Test with one or two BOM’s and verify the results.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone have a copy of the export map? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

it’s attached,  import the xml file to the Import Scenario page.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I am attaching the latest 2021R1 export that I used, as the one attached from Dennis has some JAAS tables that are not in Acumatica anymore. I am also uploading the Data Provider Template, as I had a few issues with it myself. I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 1

thank you Martin to this contribution to the community - very helpful!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@martingaxiola thanks for sharing the data provider template! This is the first Export by Scenario I have set up. I got the data provider saved and have created an export scenario. Do I need to set up the Export Scenario Mapping in order to get a file to export? I prepared and exported the scenario but my number of records was 0. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hola @mpowell, I hope I can explain this, first you need to go to screen Data Providers screen (SM206015), to setup the format that you want the Excel file to have, make sure to have the Parameters with the file and the SCHEMA tab with the active tab and the correct columns. Then, go to Export Scenarios screen (SM207025), where then you will be mapping the Data provider with the screen in Acumatica where you want to do the export from (your mapping should have a Field BOM ID with true on commit and Target Field set to =EVERY, is on the file, but just to make sure), after this, go to screen Export by Scenario screen (SM207036), and prepare the export the scenario, this should create a file that will be on the FILES section of the the same screen after finished.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I built a bom details GI that pulls in all of the lines. This can easily be exported into excel and then used as an import.

Bom imports are challenging, depending on what it is that you are trying to load up. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved