Solved

Automate Email PO to Vendor Function

• 28 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am trying to set up the automatic email function where I can email a PO to a vendor but am unsure where I need to add the vendor contact and speicify that they are a PO recipient.  I can’t seem to find any other threads regarding this issue.  Can someone please help with this?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 28 December 2023, 22:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @josborn 

You can add that on the Mailing and Printing tab of the Vendor Record:

Badge +18

Hello @josborn ,

In addition to Kandy’s suggestion, the default email for Purchase Orders comes from the Purchase Settings tab of the Vendor, and is automatically copied to each PO. The email address can be changed on an order-by-order basis, if needed.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for your answers.  I have added a Purchase Order contact and recipient, and also updated the email in the ‘Purchase Settings’ tab.  

The ‘Print PO’ option is still grayed out.  Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @josborn 

Has this PO been emailed already from this page? Was the Email Purchase Order turned on the vendor after the PO was created? If so, you may simply need to refresh the PO. 

What happens when you pull it up from the reports and try to email it from there?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Kandy Beatty,

The PO has not been emailed yet.  I recreated this with a new PO and the ‘Email Purchase Order’ option is still grayed out.  The PO is in ‘Pending Printing’ status, would that make a difference?

I can, however, send it from the Purchase Order screen.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @josborn 

Is there an automation schedule set up for PO’s to be emailed?

Userlevel 2
Badge

There is not.  I would prefer to send POs as they are created rather than marking them for email and automating the sending.  I think there may be an issue with the system email address credentials that were set up for this email address.  I am checking on that now.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Kandy Beatty 

Everything is working now, but the ‘send email’ seems like it actually just queues it up to send, and the Process All needs to run in the Send and Receive Email screen.  

Can it be set up to send immediately?  It looks like the frequency can only be set to once/day, and we normally send POs right after we create them.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved