Skip to main content

In the situation above, I have manually changed the Constraint date for the Parent Production Order. Is there a process I can run that would have the system automatically change the Subassemblies based on this change? Our environment is heavily made to order and I am struggling to understand how to properly use APS. I already have been made aware that overlapping operations is not possible, but I would expect the system to at least adjust constraints based on linked order changes….

Just showing here they are in fact linked as parent/child orders….

@bencrooks In current versions we don't have capability, but we have that capability coming in 2024R2, where we modified the scheduling logic to consider parent.
i.e. when scheduling/rescheduling child production orders using Rough Cut Planning form system will consider parent production order’s schedule dates before scheduling the children production orders. 

@bencrooks In current versions we don't have capability, but we have that capability coming in 2024R2, where we modified the scheduling logic to consider parent.
i.e. when scheduling/rescheduling child production orders using Rough Cut Planning form system will consider parent production order’s schedule dates before scheduling the children production orders. 

Thanks! I’ll be on the lookout for 2024R2 Release Notes!