Solved

Modifying Sales Order Header

• 22 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have created a user defined field.

I want the user defined field to appear under Description on the Sales Order Header.

When i added the User Defined attribute it appears on the “User Defined Fields” Tab.  I find this unneeded.

How do i modify the header to put this UDF on the header.

icon

Best answer by sspencer 23 February 2024, 16:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I believe to achieve this, you'll need to create a customization project. Within the project, you can navigate to the specific screen you want to modify, in this case SO301000. Using the screen editor, you'll be able to seamlessly add your desired data fields directly into the layout (column 2 is highlighted in the screenshot below along with one of our user defined fields).

By doing so, you can bypass the need to access the 'User Defined Fields' tab altogether. This approach offers a more streamlined solution, ensuring your user-defined field appears exactly where you want it within the Sales Order Header, without the extra step of navigating to a separate tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @sspencer 

What version of Acumatica are you on?

This is going to change that you will be able to move UDF’s to the main screen in the coming versions without a customization. 

Also, see this post from @Tim Rodman https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/new-ui-in-acumatica-2023-r1-23-100-0138/

Userlevel 3
Badge

from this post

Also, see this post from @Tim Rodman https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/new-ui-in-acumatica-2023-r1-23-100-0138/

it says to access the web.config file.   How can i do this in a SAAS environment?  Can i even do this in a SAAS environment?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

You can open a support case with Acumatica for any modifications that need to be made to the web.config file in the Acumatica SaaS environment.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved