Solved

Looking for easy way to update Project Descriptions

• 28 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there an easy way to perform a “search and replace” on a partial string for a Description field?

For example, I have several hundred “Projects” set up in Acumatica, and I want to change the word in the ContractCD_Description field of ‘migration’ to ‘customization’.  The word of ‘migration’ however, might appear anywhere in the ContractCD_Description field.  If I were doing this outside of Acumatica I could use a RegEx to perform a search and replace for that. 
Is there some easy way to do this inside of Acumatica like that?

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

icon

Best answer by jamesh 29 February 2024, 00:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@NetAdmin42 

Hi Jeff,

The easiest way to do this would be with a bulk update inside an import scenario.  Don’t think this will work with a partial string, but check out the thread here and you can apply it to most data you might need and apply it to almost any field you need:

If this won’t work since you’re looking for a part of a string in the description field, you’ll need to export a GI and use that as your data provider (After you’ve made your changes in Excel) to update from an import scenario.

Hope this helps!

James

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jamesh Thank you James!  I was hoping I would not have to perform that as an import scenario, but if that is the best way, then that is what I will have to do.  Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@NetAdmin42  Hi Jeff!  Yeah, unfortunately since you’re looking for part of the string, rather than the entire field this is the best way. However, once it’s set up, you’ll only ever need to edit the data provider for future updates and it’ll save time. This also comes in handy for inventory item changes, additions, etc. and other screens. It’s not so monotonous once you get used to it. I’m hopeful in the future they’ll make it a little easier. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved