Question

'GraphName' cannot be empty error

• 27 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

v2022 R2 and v2023 R1 - We’ve created a custom SQL view and linked a DAC to it.  A GI written with only the DAC fields (5 of them) works fine.  I cannot create a scheduled business event for the GI.  When I try to save the schedule, I get Error: ‘GraphName’ cannot be empty and the Screen ID on the Automation Schedules setup disappears, leaving a blank field.

The customization package that deploys the view and DAC has one database script (the view) and one code (auto generated when I used the view name during creation).

I can save the business event, if I choose to trigger on record change.  Ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I have only hypothesis.

Business events depend from cache events, which are bound to graph, and screen. GI has no such dependency, as it displays the data. 

But business events are triggered by graph, and modification of the fields. Again, that is just hypothesis, and may require additional validation.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Yuriy.  Your explanation makes sense but I was able to get it to work as described above in 2023r1.  I cannot get it to work in 2022r2.  Strange.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

In order to investigate further, I may need SQL view, and exact build of 22 R2, and exact build you targeting 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @brucewarrell96 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved