Solved

Change default navigation behaviour

• 8 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to change the default navigation behaviour inside forms to not default to a popup window?

In GIs you can change the behaviour easily, but I don’t see any options to change the behaviour on any non-GIs, where the glut of pop-out windows that override eachother actively disrupts workflows

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 11 December 2023, 16:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@daviddemetres - Unfortunately this would need to be addressed through a customization package (if possible). This is a good idea to suggest for a feature enhancement. Just to clarify, are you referring to hyperlinks such as Inventory IDs on Sales Order Lines? 

Yes, exactly those hyperlinks
I haven’t found any way to add it through a customization package without touching the code
I’ll make a feature request

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@daviddemetres, @Connor Morse  is correct. this has to done via Customization Package. here are couple references you may use:

Redirection to Webpages: To Add Redirection Links to the Grid by Using the PXSelector Attribute

Redirection to Webpages: To Add Redirection Links to a Grid by Using an Action

Thank you @RohitRattan88 

It’s annoying that this has to be done at that level, and can lead to pop outs overriding other pop outs without doing it.

I’ve made a feature request, it would be great if default behaviour were something changeable instead of making an action and customizing every single form to avoid the glut of pop outs. I’ll use your suggestion to update our worst and most annoying offenders

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved