Question

Business Events - Action Execution object reference not set to an instance of an object

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello. I am currently trying to create a business event to execute the "Update Inventory" action whenever a new record appears in a General Query. Unfortunately, it's not working and I am receiving the error from the title. Can someone help?

This is my Action Subscriber:

Any suggestions? The action does trigger a popup when activated, so I suspect that might be part of the issue. However, since other actions such as “Prepare Invoice” also failed, I’m uncertain.

Help would be appreciated.

Business Event History:

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Update: I can confirm that this error appears not only in the Haufe X360 Version but also on 2023 R1 in Acumatica:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you share the import scenario or screenshot of it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hej @dcomerford 
it’s not using a import scenario as “Action Execution” is a new subscriber for business events that don’t imply the need of import scenarios.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jwestermann17 Sorry missed that unsure as never really use the Actions could you try using an import scenario instead to run the Update IN

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dcomerford 

It works with an import scenario as intended, but i’d still like to know why it doesn’t work with the newer Actions. System Monitor gives this error: 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jwestermann17 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved