• 4 replies

Userlevel 1

icon

Best answer by Laura02 16 July 2023, 00:03

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @debas56 ,

Inventory Items with transactions/quantity on hand cannot be deleted from Acumatica.

We can only import what we can manually type in the screen.  If you select item 92000101 to the Stock Items screen and press delete manually, do you see the same error:  Item cannot be deleted because of non-zero quantity in the WIST warehouse?

If you have a long list of Items to be deleted, my suggestion is to Unselect ‘stop on error’ and allow the import to delete items that may be deleted.  The remaining items can be inactivated.

Item Status in Stock Items screen

Userlevel 1

@Laura02 If i’m  deleting the stock item manually still i’m getting the same error and i’m having around 1458 items to be deleted.

Badge +18

On Import by Scenario screen, unselect ‘Stop on Error’ and allow your scenario to Process all the way through. Acumatica will delete all the stock items where they don’t have balances and transactions. Then, You can export from the Import by Scenario screen all the lines that do not have ‘Processed’ selected on, to Excel. This is the list of stock items that you want to change Status on. Make a second import to change Status to Inactive for only the items that could not be deleted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Laura02If i’m  deleting the stock item manually still i’m getting the same error and i’m having around 1458 items to be deleted.

Hi @debas56 As @Laura02 mentioned if any item has qty on hand and is used in any transaction the item cannot be deleted from the System, 

Make the item as Inactive once the Import scenario is completed.

To run the import scenario by disabling both checkboxes with errors, the process will perform the other records ( Skipping the Problematic items)

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved