Solved

Using and Export Scenario to Update a thrid party SQL table

• 18 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I am currently writing an export scenario to write inventory part attributes to a third party SQL table I used to print product labels.

I have established a connection to the table with a data provider, and can load my data in the SQL table.  However, I am struggling with the proper syntax to update an existing record.  Currently, I keep adding new rows, duplicating my table.  Does anyone have a similar solution / requirement I can speak with?

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 20 January 2023, 20:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Dan, it is unfortunate that it seems there have been no responses I can see to this question that I have as well.  I have been reviewing the Acumatica document cited below.  There aren’t very many pages that talk to syntax that will assist us with the question as noted here.

I’m wondering if there is an updated publishing someone could help us with.  This may have more examples for performing the Import and Export Scenario that you described.

I have been reviewing a printed and bound Training Guide with title “Data Import Export” the Published copy Acumatica provided as a Training Guide  Copyright 2022 Acumatica, Inc.

With Footnotes

Software Version:2021 R2

Last Updated: 12/15/2021 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I recommend adding a Product Idea that updates should be supported with Export Scenarios to SQL databases instead of just inserts.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 1

@DavidEichner It took some doing to find this ‘Product Idea’.  Thank you for the suggestion yet my issue still remains unsolved.

It is surprising to me that the scenario you describe would be implemented this way.  I’m a bit dismayed that such a limiting scenario is how Acumatica 2022 R2 has been implemented.  

Perhaps I’ll be pleasantly surprised when I go over to the Product Idea and do as you suggest here to find out there may be a solution or way forward to achieve a data bridge to the SQL server that will keep data synchronized.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@shansen63 

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

Above is the link where you ask for product features or for changes to existing functionality.  If what you are asking is already available, Acumatica will update your post with that information.  Additionally, you can get other people to vote for your product idea so that it rises to the attention of their development team.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 1

@DavidEichner, Thank you I found it.

It was kind of like pointing yourself in a general South Easternly direction while in Tacoma.  You know Mount Raine is out there.  It’s only 40 milesaway from town, yet it can be very hard to find under famously gray skies of the Greater Seattle area.

Enjoy the North-West  it is a wonderful area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@shansen63 It has been famously gray for too long.  Looking forward to Summit and seeing the sun. :)

Userlevel 1

@DavidEichner To tie this subject up I am going to review a video in the Acumatica Open University on the subject to see if it relates to information that may be helpful / new I100 Integration Scenarios 2022 R2 (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved