Solved

Upload JE with Multiple Transaction Dates

• 14 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Is there a way to upload a journal entry so that each line item has a different transaction date?  We are running into issues reconcile our banks due to the auto-match feature not working because our uploads are outside the date range.  We pull sales data out of our POS and upload once a week.  The header is currently dated for the Sunday of each week, but the line item are related to each day during the previous week.  I’d like each line item to have a transaction date that matches the date of sale from the POS.  Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 14 October 2022, 18:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jjtitus098 

Can you share an example of what you are looking to do?

Hi @kbeatty21,

I pull POS data by day for our stores.  This has entries such as Sales Tax, Food Sales, Discounts, Cash, Credit Cards, etc.  We have 16 stores so each store has a cash deposit for each day.  Currently, when I upload the sales entry, each line item has a transaction date that matches the header transaction date.  So if I make the header dated 10/9/22, each line item has that same date.  This causes problems when trying to reconcile our bank account and getting the auto-match feature to work because some bank deposits are outside the date range.  We do weekly sales entries, so there could be a cash deposit that was made on 10/3, but the GL date is 10/9 because that’s when the entry was made into Acumatica. Let me know if you need more info.  Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jjtitus098 

If you are manually entering Journal Transactions, then you can not change the Transaction Date.

However, if the batch has transactions that are being posted from say over the weekend, you will see different dates on those. 

You can add the transaction date to the line of the journal entry:

So only batches generated from a subledger can have different transaction dates?  The transaction date is greyed out when I add it to the journal entry. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

So only batches generated from a subledger can have different transaction dates?  The transaction date is greyed out when I add it to the journal entry. 

That is correct, only when it comes from the subledger. You can not manually change it. 

Well that’s unfortunate.  Guess I will have to figure something else out then.  Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Well that’s unfortunate.  Guess I will have to figure something else out then.  Thank you for your help!

Good Luck! You can always submit an idea to Acumatica for them to consider for a future change or enhancement. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved