Solved

Substitution List using Acumatica table and field

• 29 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

The substitution list screen has a selection for an Acumatica table and field.  Does this mean we can use fields from Acumatica tables for the substitution?  For example, we are importing data and the customer in the Excel file is the customer external reference, so I’d like to substitute the import value using the AcctReferenceNbr in the Customer DAC with the AcctCD.  I have tried a few variations of the below and it doesn’t seem to work.

Does the substitution list support this functionality or will we have to manually maintain individual values in the original/substitution value list?

Thanks,

Kurt

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 30 March 2022, 16:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@KurtBauer

Substitution List is meant to have the list of values for the source which comes from outside in case of Import or external source in case of Export Scenario.

The list Original Value should have the Actual Values and NOT the field containing it. You can use the file uploader and dump it using excel spreadsheet instead of manually type them. As an example name of countries which in Acumatica has two character and the source might have it in full name format and you can type all these countries on Original Value (if Import) and Acumatica field values in Substitute Value. (below Screenshot)

Check help to learn more about the functionality and examples of it:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=79ed2c1d-2988-4c19-b470-de226b5ea305

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the update.  I manually populated the list for now and I’ll probably create some business events to automatically add and remove items from the substitution lists going forward.

-Kurt

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved