Solved

Stock Item import scenario error

• 29 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I get the following error when I try to prepare the import of stock items via an import scenario I created.  

Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal

The file I need to import is about 23k rows.  I copied the first 14 rows from the original file with the same headers and those 14 prepared and imported just fine.  I think it has to be some sort of formatting error but I cannot figure it out.  Has anyone else had this issue and was able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Jess

icon

Best answer by wfilipiak67 29 June 2021, 23:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jessjohnson01
I have found that with this error message, there is usually a field in excel that is not formatted as text but contains a large number. 
Like an item code that is 123456789012

The excel cell might be displaying the number in exponential notation 

Userlevel 1

I’ve got the same problem since updating to 2021 R1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My issue happened to be a reference code from another system in the format of an exponential expression 9508e triggered Acumatica to think this was an extremally large number resulting in an error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rsternberg96 

See below-attached screenshot, if your excel contains invalid data it throws an error Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved