Solved

Project Task - what are the values for internal field [Task.Status]?

• 28 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

I am trying build a conditional switch if the status of the project-task is not ‘Active’ then Activate it via <Action: Transition>.

However, my I cannot seems to get the right value for [Task.Status]. I tried using ‘A’ and ‘Active’ but neither seems to be working.

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

Possible Value for Project-Task Status:

D = In Planning
A = Active
C = Canceled
F = Completed

icon

Best answer by Laura02 29 March 2023, 20:12

View original

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello @totochow ,

When I want to set the status of tasks to active, I use this scenario:

Userlevel 2

@Laura02 

thanks Laura, however have a list of 37K of project tasks with a mix of different statuses.

so I was hoping my import scenario can detect each status of the tasks, only when it is not active, it will change the status.

Badge +18

Thank you @totochow 

I understand what was shown/asked.  Your active Import line shown above says (loosely translated to regular English from If statement): update task to active where status is not Active.

Your stated question was: I am trying build a conditional switch if the status of the project-task is not ‘Active’ then Activate it via <Action: Transition>.

You correctly listed all available Status values.

Therefore I showed the most simple solution for setting all tasks in your list to Active . Maybe you can restate what exactly you your question is?

Thank you, again.

Userlevel 2

Oh! I get it now, my apologies, I didn’t know you can just change the Status, without using Action. I will give that a try!

Userlevel 2

Hi @Laura02 ,

Can you advise the Screen Name for your Import Scenario please?

Thank you!

Badge +18

Hello,

Yes, we can Activate Tasks in the Projects profile Screen.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Laura02 ! It worked!!

That saved me from being stuck in a rabbit hole.

Thank you!! Much appreciated!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved