Solved

Mass Delete or Replace Sales Category

• 17 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a large group of inventory that have been assigned the wrong Sales Category. I need to delete the entry and cannot find a way to do it in mass. Does anyone know a way to accomplish this?

*Goal - re-assign the correct Sales Category via import scenario.

*Problem - Importing via import scenario now does add the wanted Sales Category, but it keeps the original one that needs to go away/be replaced by the correct one.

*Reason - BigCommerce requires a Sales Category, originally I assigned one to all of them to get my sandbox up and running. That worked perfectly, but now we have the problem of the wrong sales category on about 60% of the BigCommerce stock inventory.

How I’m importing now (working solution):

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 17 August 2022, 22:50

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hi,

Have you tried importing a <Delete> action?

Your import will have SKU, ‘Wrong’ Category id, and action <Delete> instead of save.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @rmillerKimball 

Try this mapping, I’ve used it before to mass delete sales categories.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi! Thank you for responding!

Unfortunately there isn’t a  <Delete> option for Attributes → Sales Categories and putting in a Stock Item Summary <Action: Delete> deleted the whole product :(

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kbeatty21 You’re a wizard! Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21 You’re a wizard! Thank you!!

Glad to have helped! :)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Bonus: How to delete previous and import new in one scenario if anyone else has this problem in the future. (Numerical Cat = Previous Sales Category)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved