Solved

Importing Multiple Service Order Types under Service Billing in Customers

• 3 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I need to import about 5-6 Service Order Types in Service Billing under Customers. My import scenario is only doing one line item. Here is a screenshot below. What is the trick to importing multiple line items in one import scenario. Let me know. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 11 November 2022, 00:41

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

1. Please confirm that more than one billing option per customer is allowed.
  1. Please confirm, are the Service Order Types attached to the Service Billing tab of Customer Classes?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @laura01 ,

Thanks for the response. Option one was already checked off. Option 2 did not have the Service Types linked at the Customer Class Level. Could this be the issue?

Badge +18

Hello,

When I import customers I place the Service Billing Types & Cycles on the Customer Class first and then all Service Billing settings flow into the new customers Like Magic and that’s why I recommended adding service order types/billing cycles to the Customer Classes.

Sometimes it is too late when Service Billing Types are created after customers are created. I have used the below scenario successfully to add billing types to customers after-the-fact. I can’t see all of your scenario; the top of your scenario is hidden. Therefore I compared only the “Service Billing” section of your import scenario to my successful scenario and I see one difference: The Commit Column is different in your scenario. Where I accepted the default, Commit is checked ON for Service Order Type line, your scenario has Commit unchecked.

I don’t know if my scenario will work in your version; your Acumatica version is not mentioned. My version of Acumatica where this scenario works is 2022 R1.

Good luck.

Badge +18

Hello @FrancesPantelidakis24 ,

Has your question been answered?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved