Skip to main content
Question

Importing Historical Activities Against Contacts and Leads

• 12 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I have just imported a large number of Contacts and Leads from my old CRM into Acumatica. The contacts and leads all imported and are visible in the respective Lead and Contact grid views. I have modified the GIs to show the integer based Lead ID and the Contact ID.

I now need to import a few years of historical activities against those leads and contacts but it looks like I have to use the Lead ID and Contact ID based upon the names of the leads and contacts versus the unique numeric identifier for the Leads and Contacts.

This creates a bit of worry with the possibility of name collisions causing activities to be imported against the wrong lead or contact. Has anyone imported historical activities against leads and contacts using the numeric lead and contact IDs? Am I over thinking it wanting to use the numeric key values for leads and contacts rather than just the lead and contact name IDs? Any thoughts or insight on importing historical activities against leads and contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

@mtcook did you find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue. We have duplicate names for Leads and it seems the activity import only works when using the Display Name instead of the unique primary key.