Solved

Importing Discounts - Need separate sequences

• 26 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

In attempting to import discounts with a Discount Type of “Line” and Applicable to “Customer Price Class and Item Price Class” I’m unable to get the import scenario to create separate sequences for all my combinations (i.e. Customer Price Class = 1, Item Price Class = ABC, and a single Break Point of 0 with a specific discount percentage).  Each row of my source file contains just those three values.  I’m hard-coding the Discount Code and hardcoding ‘<NEW>’ for the Sequence.  If I activate 1 row at a time and import it, I get the desired result, which is a new sequence number for each row of my source file.  But if I activate all rows in the Import by Scenario screen, the all import into a single discount sequence record.  I’ll attach the Import job if anyone could take a look, but I’m guessing I’m missing something basic.  Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 26 October 2022, 11:25

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I always add the Key Fields into my Excel, even if the discount code is auto-numbered. Having a column for Sequence tells the system when the first sequence ends and the next begins. When the record is saved, the system will still auto-number based on the settings in Discount Code.

Here is my suggestion.

1. Add Sequence to Excel.
  1. Replace <new> with Sequence column of Excel.
  1. Result

In this case, Sequence 1 already existed in my test environment, so it did not auto-number → Yours will auto-number if whatever sequence you use in column 1 does not already exist as a sequence for your Discount Code.

Badge +18

Hi,

I am just noticing the title of your post.  One change you can make in my above example to generate separate sequences for each line (versus many lines on one sequence as I demonstrated) is to change the Sequence column in Excel to

Sequence

etc.

Userlevel 1

@laura01  Thank you so much.  That worked perfectly!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved