Question

Import scenario to copy BOM

• 6 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi,

We have created an import scenario to copy a BOM but have two issues:

1. Updating the description field updates the description on the current BOM - not on the newly created BOM
  2. The scenario successfully processes one record but returns an error on the next record.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get around these two issues would be greatly appreciated!

Laura

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@lauraj46 Did you try adding an action to answer “Copy from” dialog box before Description change ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @PragatiMalviya64 ,

Thanks for the response!

I’m not sure that I understand where to make this change.  The dialog box answer of ‘Ok’ is already there, before the action.  Do I need to add it a second time?  The field options on the Copy BOM → Copy To dropdown do not include Description.  

Also, do you know why the scenario only processes one record at a time?

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Hackett ,

We were not able to get this to work.  We ended up creating an import scenario to create an ECO instead.

Laura 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved