Solved

Import Scenario - Stock Item Variant Value Assignment for Matrix - View Name Item Error

• 22 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Jr Varsity III
  • 17 replies

Recently updated to 2021 R2 and had Acumatica run the script to depreciate the previous Dummy Attribute requirement that we’d needed for managing single attribute matrix items. After upgrade and Dummy Attribute script removal, existing import scenario used to assign variant and variant value to individual stock items and connect them to correct template item produces a ‘View Name: Item’ error. 

Import Scenario Screen (IN-ReconnectMatrixItem)

Pretty straight forward - Inventory ID, Template ID, Attribute1 and 2, Attribute Value 1 and 2.

Import Scenario Mapping

This was set up by our VAR, and has worked without issue until this release. 

Data Provider Scheme
Excel Sheet used for Import

The View Name: Item error doesn’t give much indication as to what might be wrong. Here is a trace from the error:

Any ideas? Is there another way to do this? 

Generally we add Stock Items in bulk, and then assign them to Template Items as needed before syncing those template items up to our BigCommerce site. We don’t create matrix items from Template Item screen as we’ve always needed the ability to pick and choose as products change with respect to variants, variant values, etc.

icon

Best answer by Phil 27 April 2022, 01:39

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Phil ,

Your problem sounds similar to one of my experiences a few months ago. I think the process you were using to import matrix items in the previous version did more than provide the “dummy” attribute.  It also exposed the template id field on the “children” stock items to allow them to connect to a matrix parent stock item.  I think the customization thus allowed the matrix items not only to be imported, but to be kits by exposing the template id field (kit matrix items are not a standard feature).

If you think we’re talking about the same features and same problem after upgrading to 2021 R2... Acumatica implementation Assist helped us overcome this obstacle by providing a new customization. 

HTH.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @laura01 - I suspect we’re talking about something similar here, though I’m not sure why the dummy attribute would matter at this point (considering my scenario fails for two attribute imports as well as single attribute). Reinstalling the dummy attribute customization is one way to quickly validate if it was doing more than just dealing with those attributes, as you suggest. I’ve put this issue in from of our VAR, who helped us create the Matrix item reconnect/disconnect scenarios in the first place, to see if they can make heads or tails of it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Source of problem was a customization called MatrixImportScenario07062020, which exposes the Template ID field on stock items for the purpose of assigning them as matrix items (as suggested by @laura01 previously). We were advised this customization was obsolete in our current release (21R2) and therefore unpublished it on upgrade. Issue was resolved as soon as we republished the customization. Ultimately a miscommunication and/or misinterpretation of release notes.

Hi Phil, Can you share how can I get the customized MatrixImportScenario07062020?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved