Solved

Import Scenario for Item Class with Multiple Attributes

• 10 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

I am using Import Scenario to create Item Classes with Multiple Attributes, and this Import Scenario works:

But we need those attributes to be as variant so we define each attribute category as “Variant”. 

But after Preparing and Importing, it fails with the error:

Can you please help how to set a multiple attribute with variant as category for Item Classes in Import Scenario? Thank you so much

PS: Some records we are importing has single attribute, others has 2, 3 or more

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 12 May 2023, 12:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jib87 

Please run import scenario individually or remove the Item class summary save between the attribute updates.

Attaching the import scenario which I have tried to add the attribute and variant category in the Item class 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for your response @manikantad18 . I don’t have the Item class summary save between the attribute updates before, and it will be same result for the error. Appreciate too sharing your Import Scenario XML, and I know it will work for a single attribute imported. But we need to have multiple attributes to be imported depending on the data. I mean, if we have Item Class having 3 attributes, it will create 3 variant attributes, if 1, then 1 attribute, all at one Import By Scenario. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi 

Please try the below attached Import which allows us to Import all 3 attributes at a time in single import.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @manikantad18 

Would the import scenario change if we were just trying to update the Category to “variant” rather than trying to create a new attribute?

We have attributes on dozens of item classes that we need to change the category on, but can’t get the import scenario to work.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved