Question

Import scenario don't overwrite user defined fields once populated

• 19 August 2022
  • 0 replies

I have a flat excel file data provider which I am using to create GL journal transactions.

Each of the various GL journals that exist with in the file have a batch number and related line numbers value 1 to x. Line numbers reset to 1 when the next batch number is hit from the data provider file.

On each of the respective line 1 entries are attributes that I want to store in User Defined Fields that I have added to the Journal Transactions screen. The attribute fields are empty when line number <> 1.

Currently I have been unable to prevent overwriting (effectively clearing out) the user defined field values that are populated from line 1 with the blanks that exist in lines 2 to x.

I have tried various instances formulae with IsNull, IIf and target restrictions of IsEmpty but have not yet been able to figure this out.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved