Solved

Import Opening Balance - AR & AP

Dear All,

I want to import AR & AP opening balance with details: Customer ID/ Vendor ID, Account, Sub Account, VAT Invoice, Date, Due Date, Debit, Credit, and Amount.

Is there any import template in Acumatica that fix to this requirement?

Thanks in advance!

Yên Chi

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 24 May 2022, 14:41

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @chidao 

There are standard templates in Acumatica that will fulfill this. Have you looked at these?

You also need to do these separate as they are 2 different modules. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @chidao 

I also should have mentioned that you should ensure that you activate migration mode in both the AP and AR modules if these are historical documents. 

Hi @kbeatty21 

Yes. I have seen those templates from Data Provider and I have used AR301000 to import AR but it doesn't show the amount of balance after successfully importing data from Import by Scenario.

Badge +18

Hi,

Turn ON the migration mode in AR Preferences, to expose the Balance field. Then import your AR invoices with non-zero figures to the Balance field.  You will also need to import Detail lines to your invoice -- the above screen shot shows $0 balance and no Detail LInes. 

To summarize:

1. turn on AR migration mode in preferences
  2. Revise your import to include Balance field with non-zero amounts
  3. Include fields necessary to populate the Details tab of your invoices.
  4. The Balance amount will be equal to the total of the detail lines, or less if the customer made a payment against the invoice but did not pay it in full.

Good luck.

Hi @laura01 are there any other ways that I can import opening balance for customers & vendors without importing inventory info (details line)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @laura01 are there any other ways that I can import opening balance for customers & vendors without importing inventory info (details line)

Hi @chidao 

If you are importing AR & AP, you do not have to bring in inventory info. You can simply bring in just the amounts. 

Hi @chidao 

If you are importing AR & AP, you do not have to bring in inventory info. You can simply bring in just the amounts. 

@kbeatty21

can you show me how to bring in just the amounts in details line?

My set up import scenarios is as below, I fill the balance, qty, unit price, ext.price, but when importing it show 0 on balance, unit price, ext.price 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @HAU 

Try making the HOLD action active on your import scenario. 

Hi @kbeatty21 

This is my data:

and My mapping screen & Active Migration Mode - turn on

The import action has been completed

but when I go to check the invoice - there are no amount and currency rate

Please advise and thanks so much for your kind support!

Best regards,

Yên Chi

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @chidao 

In your scenario, what is the warning that is shown here?

@kbeatty21 It shows like this

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @chidao 

Is Migration Mode turned on for AR? If so, then the balances should come in. Try to check the Commit box to almost force it to push in when in Migration Mode. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @chidao 

@kbeatty21

can you show me how to bring in just the amounts in details line?

My set up import scenarios is as below, I fill the balance, qty, unit price, ext.price, but when importing it show 0 on balance, unit price, ext.price 

HI @HAU 

Is your AR preferences in Migration Mode when bringing these in?

Hi @chidao 

Is Migration Mode turned on for AR? If so, then the balances should come in. Try to check the Commit box to almost force it to push in when in Migration Mode. 

Yes, I turned it on. I have just checked on the box as you mentioned but still doesn't work TT

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @chidao 

Yes, I turned it on. I have just checked on the box as you mentioned but still doesn't work TT

HI @chidao 

My only other suggestion would be to ask Acumatica support. It seems you are doing everything correctly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @chidao - were you ever able to find a solution for this issue? Thank you!

Hi @chidao - were you ever able to find a solution for this issue? Thank you!

I create another one with the same setup and it works for now. Thank you for your following!!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved