Solved

How to run sequential import scenarios

• 22 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to take a little bit of a shortcut here to see if anyone has had success or could refer me to how they made a workaround to run import scenarios in sequence. For instance- new BOM/item- I have a multi-tab spreadsheet- first tab is the mfg item, second is the components, and the third is the bom itself. Right now you must run them separately.

I figure between business events and perhaps customization that there has to be a way to do this with relatively low effort. Rather than reinventing the wheel, seeing if I can get some ideas. 

icon

Best answer by jamesh 26 January 2024, 22:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

If I were aiming to optimize the import process in Acumatica for various elements like manufacturing items, components, and the BOM, I would approach it with a focus on precision and automation:

Initially, I'd establish separate, well-tested import scenarios for each section of my spreadsheet, ensuring they function impeccably on their own. The central part of my strategy would be to intricately connect these scenarios, enabling them to execute one after the other seamlessly.

For initiating the import process, I'd employ Acumatica's Automation Schedules. The schedule would act as the trigger for the series of import scenarios, while the sequence and transition between scenarios would be managed through a different mechanism.

To manage the transitions between each import scenario, I'd rely on Business Events in Acumatica. I'd set up these Business Events to monitor the successful completion of an import scenario, enabling them to automatically initiate the next scenario. Specifically, to trigger the business event, I could create a Generic Inquiry (GI) that keeps an eye on changes or field additions to my Stock Items or new BOMs. This GI would be integral in ensuring that whenever a relevant change occurs, the Business Event is alerted, and the next import scenario is automatically queued to start. This setup ensures a continuous, automated flow, with each subsequent import scenario kicking off immediately after the previous one finishes.

Implementing this approach involves a deep understanding of each import scenario's details and a proficient use of Acumatica's event management and inquiry capabilities. The goal is to establish a streamlined, efficient, and automated import process that significantly enhances data handling and operational efficiency within the system.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Be careful when creating this to be sure your filter is active and correct!  I missed this once triggering every import scenario in the system to run.  

Some mistakes you only make once 😀  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved