Solved

How do I get the numeric OwnerId from SOOrder in a GI?

• 14 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I am trying to import sales orders and all is going fine until I try to import the Owner.  No matter what I try it doesn’t work with what was exported as Owner from a GI with the SOOrder DAC as the source. When exporting it shows the name rather than the numeric ID. 

I worked out it will work if I can give the numeric ID for the Owner but I can’t find how to get that out using a GI.

If you have any ideas I’d be happy to hear them,

Phil

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 April 2022, 20:25

View original

3 replies

Badge +16

Hello @PPowell,

What Field Name are you using to represent the Owner?  In the Field/Action Name column, when you see Owner → User ID this means find the Owner using the User ID of the employee. (Excel has User ID but Owner is the field to be updated)  There are several choices, Owner → “Something”:. Are you saying, you have tried them all and none worked, or are you saying, perhaps, that you had Field/Action name set to Owner (alone) while using different values in the spreadsheet?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ppowell were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Sorry, I’ve been busy on other things and then was way for a while. I tried both Owner and Owner→ UserID.  It was the Owner on the Order Summary that I was trying to fill.  As we currently have not gone live yet with Acumatica and are still testing/preparing to go live there are still a small number of employees so I can manually find the numeric IDs and create a VSLookup to populate my excel file before importing. We only hopefully need to do this one time so it’s faster to just add them manually to the excel file before importing than to troubleshoot at the moment. Thanks for your advice though.

Phil  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved