Skip to main content

Hello good afternoon community

I am importing customers and vendors through the import scenario, there are approximately 16,000 customers and about 4,000 vendors, many of them are customer/vendor at the same time.

When I do this I get an error saying that I cannot have the same customer and vendor ID during the import. These customers/vendors have the same ID. since they are the same.

Is there a configuration that allows it? Is there a way to import them by import scenario? because there are about 950 customers/vendors that exist with this condition. I hope you can help me since it is impossible to create them one by one manually.

I am driving Acumatica version 2023R2

I look forward to your help and thank you in advance.

Vanessa.

@vgonzalez When Customer is being extended to Vendor or vice versa, the Corresponding Business Account being changed to VC which means both Vendor and Customer. Given BAccount Table has Does not accept same AcctCD with different BaccountId your only way is extend vendor to customer or vice versa using the import scenario or API.

Following post available on community and github but some of solutions might be obsolete

https://community.acumatica.com/configuration%2Dand%2Dinstallation%2D114/how%2Dto%2Dextend%2Da%2Dbusiness%2Daccount%2Dto%2Dvendor%2Dusing%2Dan%2Dapi%2Drequest%2D5764

https://github.com/Acumatica/Acumatica-ExtendToCustomerVendorDuringImport

The problem when I explored doing this via Import Scenario is that when you do the extension, the new record appears on screen and needs you to click Save, the Import Scenario only handles the initial screen and fields/options on it, not the next screen in the process.

Eg. An import scenario can select the Extend as Vendor action, from the Customers screen, but the next step in the UI doing this would be the Vendors screen opening, pre-populated with the details and you would need to click Save for the new Vendor record. The import scenario doesn’t reach this far.

My workaround for around 50 records was to setup and use a Power Automate workflow to work through a list of Customer ID’s and simulate the keyboard and mouse actions of a user keying each Customer ID, then clicking the extend as Vendor action, then clicking Save. 

The GitHib package does not compile in 24R1.