Question

Error "Failed to convert parameter value from a String to an Int32" in Import Scenario for Project of Construction

• 2 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon,

Happy New Year to everyone, I would like to ask for your help in creating an import scenario that is giving me an error.

I created the import scenario for construction projects with the necessary fields to upload, I need to import 180 projects, but when uploading the import it shows me an

I am going to attach the images of how I created the import scenario so that someone can guide me to correct the error, because I have reviewed, but I cannot identify the cause of this error.

I thank you in advance for the help and I hope you have a happy week.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vgonzalez 

Please share the XML file and excel sample file to review and assist here?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Without seeing the XML, is it possible on of your fields on the provider is marked as a String when it should be an Int?

Badge +18

Hello,

Looking only at what you have shown us,

1. I recommend skipping status and let the new project be added with Acumatica default status “In Planning”.
  2. You want to select Field/Action Name = Description  instead of Project ID for the second time, when mapping to Source Filed/Value Description.
  3. You want to select Field/Action Name = Project Manager  in Summary → Project Properties Target Object instead of Project ID for the third time, when mapping to Source Filed/Value Owner ID.
  4. It looks like a field called CITY is mapped to STATE in the address.  You will want to select State Source Field on the last visible line below.

Laura

Hello, I am attaching the xml and an example of the Excel file that I want to upload.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @vgonzalez were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved