Solved

Error encountered on the Import Scenario screen ( SM206025 ) during design stage.

• 16 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I recently ran into an issue where I’m unable to access Import Scenarios. The system throws “An item with the same key has already been added.” At me when I try to access them in any way via SM206025. Oddly enough I can navigate to them via SM206036, though I’m uncertain it’s actually in working order.

This change in behaviour seems to coincide with an upgrade from 20.208.0031 to 20.218.0021. Before you go there, we’re planning an update to 2021R1 within the next month or so.

What’s interesting is that I can, with great consistency, recreate an even that triggers this error…

Method One

• Simply make a new import scenario and add in a <Dialog Answer> and tab out of the filed and skadoosh! “An item with the same key has already been added.”

Method Two

• I can find an Import Scenarios for the same screen that is still accessible via SM206025 and attempt to copy/paste it into a new Import Scenario… skadoosh!

Method Three

• I can find an Import Scenarios for the same screen that is still accessible via SM206025 and attempt to INSERT FROM into a new Import Scenario… skadoosh!

I’ve taken the time to work through the process…

• Made a new excel document with a single sheet
  • Copied the original data into the new document, values only
  • Checked that the column headings were all distinct
  • Made a new Data Provider and set it all up

At this point it’s as clean as it gets.

This next part might seem a bit odd but it’s what I do…

• Made a new Import Scenario
  • Added Screen IN.20.25.00
  • Can I add the [Stock Item Summary].<Dialog Answer>?
    • Yes, without issue
  • Removed the MAPPING
  • Added the Provider and it’s Object
    • skadoosh! Nope
  • Removed the Provider
    • Yes, without issue
  • Left the MAPPING
  • Added the Provider and it’s Object
    • skadoosh! What?

I know that Acumatica is constantly validating which would explain this though it implies there’s some kind of trigger occurring when adding in the Data Provider.

I’ve ran through this process with Non-Stock Items ( IN.20.20.00 ) and even Customers ( AR.30.30.00 ) all with the same results.

The only common factor in all the testing is the excel document and the Data Provider and both are brand new and squeaky clean and the timing of the upgrade.

Anyone have any thoughts?

p.s. I’ve spent more time on this than I’m willing to admit and still haven’t broken through to success.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 17 November 2021, 06:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jmckinnon  Inner Peace :) 

Can you please share some screenshots of the above issues.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen B not sure there’s much to show but maybe this is what you’re looking for? It’s the same pop-up each time.

Part of me wonders if there might be a code thing. I only mention this because I’ve had very similar errors when coding in AngularJS, just another straw to grasp at.

since this post I’ve stumbled across another post on locked records… 

I’ve dealt with this with our other internal ERP system and opted to create a webpage that would allow select users to monitor the situation and kill rogue process that were the cause of the Dead Lock on the SQL server. It is possible that there’s a lock causing a general issue with our Import Scenarios.

All speculation at this point. ;-/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jmckinnon ,

Please add the InventoryID mapping line first on your mapping and then try add any other line. The error should not come. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved