Solved

Customer Activities Import Scenario

• 23 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

A large number of activities were imported to Customers in Open status. They want all of them completed. I’m trying to craft an import for this action, but getting an error on Summary field. 

I thought all I would need is the ID (noteID field) since that’s the primary key in CRActivity. 

Tried adding summary field though, and still getting the error. These are existing activities, so ID and Summary are from a file I exported out of Acumatica. 

Thoughts anyone?

icon

Best answer by jhouser 31 January 2024, 22:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jhouser  Can you please share your import scenario here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga Certainly, it’s attached. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I would think you need a key for the document it's referencing as well. Even if it's not showing as a key on the import scenario. I just dealt with a similar issue for contacts last night. 

It didn't work with just contact, I needed Contact and Customer to update the existing record.   

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@bryanb39 I tried adding baccountID as the related entity, but that didn’t solve the issue. I then tried starting with Customer screen in Import Scenario, but in the Activities object there is no noteID field (the primary key). 

I then tried creating an import to just delete these activities, but get the same error shown above. That import scenario is also attached. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I opened a case with Acumatica for assistance with Delete Activities. Their adjustments worked so I applied similar changes to Complete Activities, which also worked. My original response to error was to add Summary field, but turns out some other tweaks are what was needed. Kudos to the support rep who helped. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @jhouser!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved