Solved

Copy Field Value To Another Using a Biz Event

• 10 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a use case where I want to copy the value of a custom field on the SOOrder (UsrICOrigCustomerID) to the description field on the SOOrder (OrderDesc). This would only be on a particular order type (IC). Is this possible through a Business Event? 

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 10 July 2023, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @cmoreland 

Let me take One example

For example Customer order Nbr 563633 in one sales order wants to copy the same value in the same order under the description, you can do this using Business events → Import scenario.

Business events can be configured through an automation schedule. if the custom field is updating after the sales order is created you can do that using trigger by record change.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am guessing you would have a GI with OrderNbr, OrderType, Desc, and UsrCustomField and the biz event would trigger the import scenario from the GI where the Desc was blank basically? Can this be accomplished on creation? I mean I know I could do this in code with a plugin but I was hoping to accomplish this with a biz event that a non-coder could manage. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@manikantad18  Thanks for the guidance. I was able to get to where I wanted to be with your input.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved