Solved

Convert a Business Account to a Customer via import scenario

• 16 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m trying to convert a BA to a customer in the import scenario screen. I received an error that said “edit customer”.. I only had the businesss account id  and then the action to extend as customer. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 17 December 2022, 00:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@tsmith19 

You can not do this out-of-the-box. The problem is when you import a record and press the ExtendToCustomer/Vendor, in fact system opens a new screen different than your current screen but can not press the save button because Save button is located on a different DAC. Here is a customization from sometime ago that hopefully still works.

https://github.com/Acumatica/Acumatica-ExtendToCustomerVendorDuringImport

Userlevel 2
Badge

@aaghaei Hello - 

Thank you for providing the in-depth answer and solution. One last question if you - I’d assume that we have the ability to import new records as customers as long as they’re not in the system yet? There would be no converting, just imported as a customer?

Thanks again for your help!

Trina

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

tsmith19, this is correct, you can import new customers using an import scenario.  If you have a sales demo instance, see the import scenario entitled Import Customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@tsmith19

as Ed pointed out either you can use one of the predefined import templates or create your own import template. Before importing the customers, I strongly recommend to setup your Customer Classes (if not already) as it will drastically decrease the amount of the fields you need to have in import file (when class value is set many values for the customer will be auto filled from class) and reduces the risk of getting error while importing or importing erroneous data.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ed.goodman @aaghaei You are fantasic, thank you - you’ve helped me greatly. I got it completed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@tsmith19 Glad to see it worked out

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved