Question

BOM Import - Group by Inventory ID

• 17 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I am doing a BOM import of an Excel file which has each SKU as an individual row representing quantity of 1 (if there are 50 of item x needed, it is represented by 50 rows of item x). On the BOM, it gets reflected the same way - 50 lines with a quantity of 1.

Is there a way to group these by inventory ID in the import scenario for the BOM? So it would instead show 1 line for quantity of 50? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You can have it repeatedly update the same row so it doesn’t create 50 rows using keys differently, but you can’t group it or incrementally add.  You’d need 50 on at least one of the rows and a way to identify it.  

Are you frequently importing this?  I’d recommend using PowerQuery in Excel to group.  Then you’d have a template to quickly prep the file for next time.  Few steps and easier than a pivot table.

If you attach a sample of the data I can send you back a quick sample.  

Userlevel 5
Badge

You can have it repeatedly update the same row so it doesn’t create 50 rows using keys differently, but you can’t group it or incrementally add.  You’d need 50 on at least one of the rows and a way to identify it.  

Are you frequently importing this?  I’d recommend using PowerQuery in Excel to group.  Then you’d have a template to quickly prep the file for next time.  Few steps and easier than a pivot table.

If you attach a sample of the data I can send you back a quick sample.  

We are currently testing this in Excel through manual imports, but long term looking to import BOMs automatically through SQL - so we are looking for ways of importing & grouping without any manual intervention.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Do you have access to create a view on this SQL Database so it can be grouped prior to import?  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved