Solved

Attributes on an Export scenario

• 19 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone been able to export Attributes on a single line?  So one line per record.  I am only able to export attributes resulting in one per line attribute.  So if I have one record with 4 attributes I get 4 lines to export per record.  Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 20 April 2021, 03:08

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Alicia,

The system dynamically declares virtual fields for each attribute. Each attribute is suffixed with _Attributes, for example COLOR_Attributes. Here’s an example export scenario for Stock Items:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the response Gabriel,

I don’t think I would have figured that one out! :) 

I’m trying this approach on a Vendor attributes and its not working, was this example specific to Stock Items? Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Atiu, 

My guess is that it is for all attributes.  If you don’t use this approach do you get the attributes to export but a separate line for each ? 

No, for some reason I can export most of the Vendor information but not any of the attributes. I tried the approach detailed in this thread as well as the approach in the Integration Scenarios I100 course and I just get blanks for the columns I want to export the attributes to.

Is there a way to see the valid “virtual field” names when exporting attributes? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

i am not sure about that.  Are you listing the attribute under the source object of vendor summary and not the source object of attribute ?

Yes, I was using the vendor summary as the source object.  I was able to kind of figure out the problem. Apparently not all of the Vendors had the attribute assigned, and the Vendors that didn’t were part of Vendors Classes that didn’t have the specific attribute defined.

I added the attribute to those Vendor classes  and filled the attribute in the Vendors that didn’t have it then the export worked. 

I’m not sure why a handful of Vendors that didn’t have the attribute would prevent any of that data to be exported but glad I was able to eventually see it in the output.

Any ideas on how to do this same approach but with Salespersons from the Customer Record? Example - if the Sales Group field = Coordinator I want to map to Salesperson ID to X field, and if the Salesperson Group is Account Carrier I want to Map the Salesperson ID to a different field in the same line of the export scenario.

Userlevel 3
Badge

yes when you are in the source field / value column use the pencil to add an if then else statement .

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved