Skip to main content

I am attempting to create an Import Scenario for pulling the Contact Notes from our old CRM software. while attempting to test to make sure it was working the import completed but it seems that it did not create a note activity on the desired contact despite no errors showing on the import.

If I try to bring in the Type for Activity Type I get an error saying that “Error: Type cannot be found in the system”.

have I created this Incorrectly?

Hello,

Can you add an example from your Excel showing the Activity Types you are using?

Also, add the <Save> Action as the last line of your import scenario.

Laura

@Laura02 Here are the activity types, I noticed that the Type ID was EN and corrected it in the Data provider but now I get the error “Error: Activity type ‘EN’ is external. Only portal should create activities of this type”.

@Laura02 Here is a snip of the Excel sheet I am using to test this out before pulling the notes from the old CRM.

This was resolved by manually entering the value for the note to N and the contact type to ‘contact’ in the mapping process. there is a remaining issue however that the newly created notes do not show up in our GI for tracking incoming/outgoing activities on contacts as though these activities are not being marked completed.

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @BrendanL!