Solved

Year-End Closing Entry

• 12 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How do I see the year-end closing entry?  My balance sheet is off in January 2024 and I think the closing entry is the issue.  

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by srengdahl 12 March 2024, 22:32

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

There is no Year-end closing entry.

If the Balance Sheet does not match the Trial Balance Report, compare the Row Set from the Balance Sheet to the Chart of Accounts. Verify that every account on the Chart of Accounts is used in the Balance sheet, and used in the Balance Sheet only one time. I recommend exporting the COA to Excel, sorting the Excel by Account Class, and actually marking off the accounts that are used in the Row Set.

Then check calculations on the Balance sheet totals.

Look for freshly added accounts and Account Classes in the Finance Module. Newly added accounts/Account Classes are the most likely to be missing in a Financial Report.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

I had to recalculate account history and then it cleared itself.  Not sure what held it up or causes this issue, but it fixed it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved