Solved

Tax ID Naming Convention

• 11 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hello Everyone,

I am reaching out to understand what is allowed as naming convention typically in any field within Acumatica? I see some allows hypen/dash and some doesnt. Does Acumatica alphanumeric characters allow special characters?

For Tax ID we are looking for a three segmented approach to be able to identify what they are when someone looks at the code. 

Example : ON-HST

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(16))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=692e30c9-e0af-4aa3-b0f6-f3ba190d257a

Thanks,

Hari

icon

Best answer by Laura02 12 October 2023, 01:36

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello Hari,

The Acumatica Help states that Tax ID is an Alphanumeric String:

When I Goo gle “Alphanumeric String” the definition is: a series of characters made up of alpha letters and/or numbers 0-9.  Alphabetic characters are those characters defined in the Unicode character database as “Letter”.

Characters that are NOT alphanumeric include Space, Null, period (.), all the special characters that are located above the numbers on our keyboards.

Tax ID is not among the Key Fields that we can define in Segmented Keys screen:

Possibly with customization you could achieve dashes in your Tax IDs.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved