Solved

Retained Earnings Fiscal YE not Matching New Fiscal Year

• 19 April 2023
  • 4 replies

We just had our first year end on March 31/23.  The starting balance does not match my YE amount, even after allowing for;

1. At year end, the ending balance in Retained Earnings + the ending balance in YTD Net Income = beginning balance for Retained Earnings for the next year.

The new FY is overstated by a significant amount.

Has anyone experienced this ?

icon

Best answer by andrewmurphy87 12 May 2023, 00:36

View original

4 replies

Issue resolved

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dwayne - Can you share with the community your solution? Thank you!

Hi any update to the solution. Thx

I had this exact issue. To Fix I ran the “Recalculate Account History” Process ScreenID GL509900. I first ran it on the last period of the previous year in my case 12-2022. I then ran it in the first period of the current year 01-2023.

At this point it was still out so I ran it again in 01-2023 then again in 12-2022. After this Retained earnings was back in balance. 

The best explanation I got here was that sometimes if a process in Acumatica has many steps a few can be missed throwing off the system calculated retained earnings amount. “Recalculate Account History” is a fail safe for the system to reference the GL history and “recalculate” any errors that might exist. Good Luck!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved