Solved

Report designer - Custom fonts

• 2 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am creating a from in report designer in which the font is not a standard (i.e. not found in the list of fonts in report designer). I have installed the font on my computer and created the report template with this font.

When the report is run on Acumatica, though, the font is incorrect and the spacing is out. Is there a way to get around this? Or alternatively, how do I find what fonts are available on the server?

Many thanks.

Sue

icon

Best answer by kgarvey29 30 July 2021, 00:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@suemackeown13

You can find the fonts available by using Report Designer. When on a field, in the properties section, open the Style, Font section & use the drop-down on the Name. 
This will list the fonts by name. 

You can also, using the open from server in Report Designer, open the StylesTemplate TemplateFormExternal.rpx. This will let you see the default settings for the base StyleName. Settings such as Font, size, bold, etc. 

We have used this to create our own StylesTemplate.rpx. This allows us to quickly change default settings across all forms by changing the forms StylesTemplate to ours. 
We do not change the base as this one can be changed by Acumatica.

Hope this helps, 

Bill

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Bill

Thank you, but not all the fonts listed in the report designer actually show up correctly in the PDF format. It has something to do with not having all the fonts on the server.

I uploaded the custom font to my computer and it was part of the drop down list in the report designer, but still did not show correctly in the PDF format.

Sue

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am creating a from in report designer in which the font is not a standard (i.e. not found in the list of fonts in report designer). I have installed the font on my computer and created the report template with this font.

When the report is run on Acumatica, though, the font is incorrect and the spacing is out. Is there a way to get around this? Or alternatively, how do I find what fonts are available on the server?

Many thanks.

Sue

Are you a SaaS customer? If yes my understanding is Acumatica doesn't support “custom” fonts. This happened to us, also (and actually resulted in a really weird/hard to troubleshoot problem where certain reports were a garbled mess). I believe the only option is to use the canned fonts that come with whatever version of Windows Server Acumatica is running on.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved