Solved

Purchase Receipts and Bill Creation

• 19 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Community,

I have a query regarding the “ADD PO RECEIPT” button at the Bills Form and whether there's a way to display only the correct receipts.

Let me illustrate the scenario: sometimes, a user may create a receipt but inadvertently input incorrect information and then proceed to release it. In such cases, the user needs to create a Return form, reopen the PO Line, and subsequently re-receipt it correctly. This results in the “PO HISTORY” tab of PO containing two receipts - the first one, wrongly released, and the second one, which is the correct receipt. Additionally, there's the entry for the Return form.

Now, when we create bill for the receipts through “ADD PO RECEIPT” button, we want to see only the correct receipt (the second one) to choose in the Bills Form. This would help avoid any confusion and ensure accuracy in our billing procedures.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide insights or suggest any methods to achieve this, allowing us to effectively filter out the erroneous receipts from the Bills Form.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise.

Best regards,

Naing Aung Kyaw

icon

Best answer by Laura02 19 September 2023, 11:36

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @NaingAungKyaw ,

I think your request to filter out original receipts in the case where a return has been issued will require a customization.

It is possible to receive a PO in many shipments and have many receipts available for payment. It’s also possibly in my example that one of many receipts would have been returned and a replacement received.  Therefore the default system behavior is to show all receipts.

Please do post your Idea in the Ideas section of Acumatica Community:  ability to match PO Receipts & related returns and mark them closed/locked so that they are ‘hidden’ from AP Bills screen is a really good product enhancement idea.

Thank you. 

Laura

Userlevel 2

Hello @NaingAungKyaw ,

I think your request to filter out original receipts in the case where a return has been issued will require a customization.

It is possible to receive a PO in many shipments and have many receipts available for payment. It’s also possibly in my example that one of many receipts would have been returned and a replacement received.  Therefore the default system behavior is to show all receipts.

Please do post your Idea in the Ideas section of Acumatica Community:  ability to match PO Receipts & related returns and mark them closed/locked so that they are ‘hidden’ from AP Bills screen is a really good product enhancement idea.

Thank you. 

Laura

Thanks for the suggestion to post under Idea sescion, Laura. Guess there is no standard solution for now.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved