Question

Project Name in Financial Report Title

• 14 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am using the financial report writer to build a project P&L for my client. I am having trouble getting the project name to appear in the title since there does not seem to be a parameter available.

In my column set, I have added:

=@StartProject + ' - ' + THIS IS WHERE I WANT THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The project code is an auto-numbered ID and without the name makes it difficult to identify the reports.

Thank you in advance.

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello @frankfiorentino81 ,

I agree, there is no way to include the Project description in a financial report header at this time.  Please consider adding the idea on this forum: https://community.acumatica.com/topic/new?type=idea

You may also Consider Velixo reporting (Excell add-on).  Search this forum for more information and links to Velixo. 

Acuamtica ARM reports meet the needs of about 90% of our clients, and for the rest we recommend Velixo.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@frankfiorentino81 I looked at an existing report in the sales demo where i knew the project ID parameter existed and this is what it says:

=Report.GetFieldSchema('PMReportMetadata.ProjectID')

can you use this on the parameters screen within report designer and see if it works? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work in the financial report writer. I tried to add it to my column set where the report title is configured, and it errored out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@frankfiorentino81 can you share the error you received when trying to add the parameter? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @frankfiorentino81 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

No solution in ARM reports. I came up with a manual project naming workaround for the client.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved