Solved

Prevent Wrong nonsense Year being entered on Documents

• 17 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Acumatica allows for nonsense years to be entered such as 2222 and 2044 on AP and AR documents. How can this be prevented? 

icon

Best answer by Bbelknap 18 August 2023, 15:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @borem 

Will you share an example?

How far out are your financial periods opened for also?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @borem,

I believe this issue is addressed on this article:

AP Bills Entered into Nonsense Years

AP entered 1/2023 and paid 1/2023 but Dated Far in the past

Our Financial Periods are open just through 12/2023. This issue pitches our AP aging out of balance with our AP trial balance total. 

Future dated prepayments cause a variance as well but we haven’t had any dated with nonsense future or past years. 

We had this issue with a payment accidently entered as 2121 instead of 2021. 

Our Support said it must have been due to having the Finanical Periods opened too far in advance. No, it wasn’t. We create our Finanical Periods one Fiscal Year at a time and only open the months up that are needed - usually current and next month.

I was told there was no correction for it However, we recently updated our version to the latest one and now it has a reverse open for it. I reversed it and recreated it with the correct year. 

We just updated last Monday so hopefully that will solve the problem for us as well. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved