Question

"Open Item" Customer Statement with Adjustments

• 21 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Background

The Customer Statement only prints adjustments if the customer’s statement type is Balance Brought Forward. The ARStatementAdjust table is not populated if the customer’s statement type is Open Item.

Business Case

Customers with statement type of Open Item have requested their (monthly) statements to include lines that show adjusting document(s) which explain the difference between Orig. Amount and Balance statement-columns.   Note: We are aware of AR Balance by Customer that can show these details.

Questions

1. Is there an easy customization to make to populate the ARStatementAdjust table for statement type Open Item?
  2. Has anyone modified the Customer Statement report to use other AR adjust tables? If so, how did you handle ARStatementAdjust fields that drive critical calculations in the Customer Statement report, that do not exist in the other adjust tables?
  3. Are there any other options?

Thanks,

Dan

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, please try with this one.

Badge +18

Hello,

Aradjust table contains the relationship between an invoice and the payments/credit memos that reduced the balance of the invoice.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

Aradjust table contains the relationship between an invoice and the payments/credit memos that reduced the balance of the invoice.

Laura

Are you able to put some screenshot that I can see how you fixed?

Badge +18

Hello, I am providing the name of the table you can join, to see the payment or credit memo document that reduced your customer’s invoice.

I can’t show screenshot of the join now, but you will join statement table to aradjust on branch/company, statement table’s invoice document type to aradjust.adjdDoctype, and statement table’s invoice reference number to ARAdjust table’s AdjdRefNbr. The payment fields to add to report are adjgRefNbr and AdjgDocType, adjustment amount.

Laura

@Laura02, @enhee0702   Thanks for adding to the thread!

If so, how did you handle ARStatementAdjust fields that drive critical calculations in the Customer Statement report, that do not exist in the ARAdjust tables?

Personally, I think a customization to populate the ARStatementAdjust table for Statement Type = “Open Item” is the better solution.

I am guessing it must not be a common request to show adjusting documents on Customer Statements, no matter the statement type.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Laura02@enhee0702   Thanks for adding to the thread!

Here is the critical issue when refactoring to use the ARAdjust table:

If so, how did you handle ARStatementAdjust fields that drive critical calculations in the Customer Statement report, that do not exist in the ARAdjust table?

Personally, I think a customization to populate the ARStatementAdjust table for Statement Type = “Open Item” is the better solution.

I am guessing it must not be a common request to show adjusting documents on Customer Statements, no matter the statement type.

Best,

Dan Concannon

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved