Solved

New Actuals Ledger

• 28 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Is it possible to add a new Actuals Ledger and configure the system such that postings are directed to the new Ledger only?

We want to retain the original Actuals for archive purposes but essentially start with a clean book in the new Ledger.

icon

Best answer by RoyceLithgo 29 March 2022, 07:18

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

@RoyceLithgo ,

Hello, If the actual ledger has transactions posted, we cannot remove the ledger from the company/branch and replace it with a different actual ledger. 

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @RoyceLithgo 

You can create a new Actual for a company or Branch. You will need to delete the old one first because the system will not allow a company to have 2 Actual Ledgers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

HI @RoyceLithgo 

You can create a new Actual for a company or Branch. You will need to delete the old one first because the system will not allow a company to have 2 Actual Ledgers.

From what i’ve since found it this only works if the original Actuals ledger had no transactions. So it’s only for new companies. Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @RoyceLithgo 

From what i’ve since found it this only works if the original Actuals ledger had no transactions. So it’s only for new companies. Is that correct?

It allowed me to do this in my local where that first Actual Ledger did have transactions. I would suggest testing in a sandbox before you do anything in your production environment. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@kbeatty21 didn’t work for me:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RoyceLithgo 

Acumatica wont allow you delete ledger if Ledger has transactions in it. 

Here is the documentation reference:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1f0bd0a0-bb42-4e75-ae57-9d8e2b9486c6

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks all for the contributions. I have my answer. An existing company with posted transactions to an Actuals Ledger cannot delete said Actuals Ledger nor can a new Actuals Ledger be added. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks all for the contributions. I have my answer. An existing company with posted transactions to an Actuals Ledger cannot delete said Actuals Ledger nor can a new Actuals Ledger be added. 

I just realized my Company did not have transactions and that is why I could change it, so the others were correct that once there are transactions, you can not change it. 

I would suggest to add a new Branch if you want to start fresh. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved