Solved

Negative amounts on ARM report

• 8 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

We created a ARM report for our Inc Statement.  We have some value that are negative that we would like to show with brackets instead of a minus sign.  Most of the rows are set to show the value and they have brackets but we have a few rows that we have $ signs that show up with a minus sign.  We want minus signs 

This is the formatting formula we’ve used

I tried updating with the following

=’$###,###,###.00’; ‘($###,###,###.00)”

but I get this error

Am I using the wrong format formula?

icon

Best answer by sweta68 10 April 2023, 07:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Sorry… We want brackets. :-)

Badge +18

Hello, in your formula, I see a combination of single and double quotes. I think all quotes should be single  in the example. Could the quotes be causing the error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @jameswong ,

• Could you please try to change Format under Appearance section in Properties tab as below.
'$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)'

Hope, it helps!

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the replies.  We got it to work.  Laura, I think that was a typo on my part.  Sweta, this is what we ultimately came up with.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved