Solved

Need Help with Budget Setup

• 4 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Community,

I am hoping to get some assistance with setting up budgets in Acumatica. I'm trying to define the budget amount for an account using a subaccount mask, but I can't seem to find a way to do this directly in the Budget form. The form only allows entering a specific subaccount, not a mask.

We have a large number of accounts and subaccounts with six level segment ID. Even if we use only two segment IDs, it will exceed 20,000 lines in preparation. Manually creating budget entries for each individual subaccount would be incredibly time-consuming and impractical.

Does anyone know of a way to define the budget amount using a subaccount mask in Acumatica?

I've searched the documentation and haven't found a clear solution. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 4 March 2024, 11:35

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

One way to configure Acumatica Budgets with masking characters is using Budget Configuration screen to define your Budget Tree and Budget Articles.

Another tool that I think is a must with subaccount, budget, reporting needs as complex as yours is the Excel add-on called Ve lixo.

Laura

Userlevel 2

Hello Community,

I am hoping to get some assistance with setting up budgets in Acumatica. I'm trying to define the budget amount for an account using a subaccount mask, but I can't seem to find a way to do this directly in the Budget form. The form only allows entering a specific subaccount, not a mask.

We have a large number of accounts and subaccounts with six level segment ID. Even if we use only two segment IDs, it will exceed 20,000 lines in preparation. Manually creating budget entries for each individual subaccount would be incredibly time-consuming and impractical.

Does anyone know of a way to define the budget amount using a subaccount mask in Acumatica?

I've searched the documentation and haven't found a clear solution. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks a lot, Laura. Let me try with this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved