Question

Link to Entity on Business Event Email Notification

• 11 October 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

What is the proper field to use in the Link to Entity for in the Email Template used as subscriber for Business Event based in AR Invoice

The desire is to have the email appear in the activities of the Invoice. (I am unable to shows my current config with customer data) 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dsimmerly When an Email template is subscribed with a Business Event, please select the “Attach Activity” checkbox to include the Activity to the Corresponding Invoice.

Will create a new Email Template and Business Event for you and keep you posted here shortly on the results.

Thanks

Chandra

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dsimmerly Please find the below details showing the email activity being attached to the Invoice from an Email Template subscribed with the Business Event. This worked with the “Attach Activity” selected.

1. Email Template

1. Business Event (Attached here for your convenience):

Screenshot of Business Event:

1. Invoice shows the Activity automatically when the Business Event triggers on Invoice release:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@dsurma31 Kindly review the above details and let keep me posted.

Thanks

Chandra

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

When you create the email notification by Add Subscriber in a Business event it does not have the attach flag 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dsimmerly I was successfully by first creating the email template and then the Business Event.

Thanks for the update. Let me verify it from the Business event and keep you posted.

Chandra

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dsimmerly As shown below, the “Attach Activity” is shown for me from the Business Event and it is selected by default. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dsimmerly If you are using the Generic Inquiry for example if the SO3030PL generic inquiry is used instead of the Invoices screen SO303000, then the “Attach Activity” will not show on the screen.

Hence, the options are:

1, Change the business event to use the actual screen or

2. Use the “Link to Entity” in case of the Generic Inquiry associated with the Business Event.

Here is the note from Acumatica help:

“The box is not available if a notification template is used as a subscriber of a business event created to monitor data changes collected by a generic inquiry. The Link to Entity box is used instead.”

Thanks

Chandra

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@dales50  Attach Activity only available when your Data set comes from an Acumatica form and not the a Generic Inquiry.
As you can see it is available when Screen used is SO303000 (Invoices) and not available when you use a Generic Inquiry.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

OK back to my original question

My Business Event is based on a GI of AR Invoices

I wish for the email notification from the BE to shown on the activity of the AR Invoice.

How can I do this ?

Can I use the NoteID field in the email tempalte entity?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have it working using the ARInvoice noteID field

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dsimmerly 

IN eMAIL Template 

Please update below fields in Invoice screens then the invoice will shows emails triggered in the activities.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dsimmerly Here are the steps I followed and it is sucessfully creating the Activity on the Invoices screen.
1. Add the SOInvoice → noteid field to the results grid for your Generic Inquiry.

2. Use the SOINVOICE->noteid field on the entity.

Screenshots of the Invoice showing the Activity on the Invoices screen.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved