Solved

Journal Transaction screen has no subaccount logic from Project/Task Default cost subaccount

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I don’t see any product ideas for having the Journal Transaction screen default to the default cost subaccounts when a client has projects or construction module.  It would be ideal to have the same logic as the AP Bills and Adjustments with chart of accounts that are associated to an account group in Journal Transaction screen.  Has anyone had this same question come up for project related customers?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 24 October 2023, 02:12

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

I don’t see any product ideas for having the Journal Transaction screen default to the default cost subaccounts when a client has projects or construction module.  It would be ideal to have the same logic as the AP Bills and Adjustments with chart of accounts that are associated to an account group in Journal Transaction screen.  Has anyone had this same question come up for project related customers?

Hello @kdudley ,

I have not seen many project/construction customers entering project transactions directly in Journal Transactions screen. Can you give us an idea of what types of Project entries could be best accommodated by a Journal Entry?

Are you asking about defaulting Accounts, Subaccounts, or both?  Acumatica Chart of Accounts screen does already have connections to Account Groups, but Acct Groups on the COA don’t impact Subaccounts in any way.  (The Relationship from Account Number to Account Group is not one-to-one, so adding an Account Group field in GL would not necessarily lead to a defaulted Account number.)

Transactions originating in Purchasing, AP, Time & Expense entry, Project Billing, Project Allocations, Sales Orders/Invoicing do have options for defaulting subaccounts from various places. Below is an example from Projects Preferences, showing sources where we can default subaccounts from on Expenses and Expense accruals.

Laura

Userlevel 2

@Laura02  Thanks for your response.  The client is looking only for the subaccount to populate for project/task entries and the user always enters the chart of account field.  It is common for clients to reclass in Journal transaction screen project related account groups not necessarily related to an actual number from either employee expenses/labor expenses including sometimes revenue accounts.  The client is looking to the same logic that Acumatica uses for project/task related entries in AP ‘Bills & Adjustments’.  This client system that we are replacing with Acumatica is Microsoft Dynamics SL which already has the logic I’m requesting in this post.  

Badge +18

I think I understand what you’re asking for now. I too have a Dynamics SL background.

You’d like a Default Subaccount field (stand alone, not paired with any default account ) located directly on the Project screen in Acumatica. 

Journal transactions screen and potentially other screens would then default the Subaccount after a project is typed in, no matter what Account is selected onto the transaction and no matter what the source screen of the transaction (AP, invoicing, GL , etc.).

Please add your idea to the Ideas section of Acumatica Community so we can vote. 

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 2

I added a product idea today.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved