Solved

Journal Transaction Approval Map

• 22 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to configure an approval map for journal transactions, where the approver is the supervisor (reports to on the employee profile) of the user that entered the transaction.  Here is the conditions tab

On the Rules Action tab

I have tried drilling into the owner option, but nothing is working.  I have the reports to field populated on the employee profile.

Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by NuwanTharanga62 29 June 2023, 10:43

View original

9 replies

Badge +18

Hi Coleen,

Are you saying that you could not find any reports to, or are you saying you found many reports to’s and none works to route the approval properly?

I kept drilling and did find a Reports To option:

Expand GL Batch → Owner → Contact → Owner (again) → Reports To is 2nd from bottom.

I have a feeling “Reports to” may be in the list more than one time…  I’ll wait to test after I see your response to my question.  😉

Best,

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 there are a number of “reports to”  I followed your mapping which returned..

((BatchModule.ApproverID.DisplayName.OwnerID.SupervisorID))  and that did not trigger the approval.

Badge +18

Hi Coleen,

Is the above condition shown in first screenshot your final configuration? GL Batch - Hold - Equals - Not Checked? 

If so I recommend leaving the Condition blank for a test of Reports To.  A blank Condition should send all batches for approval when Hold status is removed.

After that, what happens when Hold is removed?  Does batch become ‘pending approval’ status? If so, can you find an approver name on the Approvals tab of your batch? 

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02

yes that is the only condition.  If I make that condition inactive it still does not go into pending approval status.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02  what is interesting is when create a generic inquiry on the GL Batch or look at the DAC for the Batch - there is no owner field!

Badge +18

Thanks for the extra info Coleen.  With no condition, I too tried every “reports to” option that I can find (2)  on Owner  areas of the GL Batch node and when I remove Hold the status changes to Balanced.

When I add any straightforward Employee (instead of Employee from Document) then the approval immediately works.  I’m testing in 2023 R1 Beta, Build 23.093.0227.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Laura those are the same results I get when testing.

I am doing the configuration in 2023 R1 Build 23.101.0071

I am going to open a support case with Acumatica. I will update this discussion when I hear back from support.

Appreciate you doing some testing and working through this with me!

Cheers

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Laura those are the same results I get when testing.

I am doing the configuration in 2023 R1 Build 23.101.0071

I am going to open a support case with Acumatica. I will update this discussion when I hear back from support.

Appreciate you doing some testing and working through this with me!

Cheers

Hi @coleenmcnally22 / @Laura02 ,

Below, I have mentioned the explanation and the workaround that were provided through the support case (by one of the L1 support engineer) . As it will be useful for others.

On Approval map, Rule actions tab, there is no "Reports To" option under the Created By node ;

The only Reports to option I found was under Approval node and it does not work:

Since there is no owner filed under this screen there is no option to setup Reports to as approver.

The workaround could be creating steps with the corresponding approver and under conditions specify the employees that create Journal transactions that report to the approver.

For example, if three are employees report to Maxwell Baker, under conditions you can specify created by and Or Operator and when any of these employees creates a Journal Transaction it will require Maxwell Baker's approval:

Hope this clarifies!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@NuwanTharanga62   Thank you for posting that, that was the reply I got from support.  I also created an Idea

Please vote using the link above, so that in the future we can use the Reports To option - life would be simpler!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved