Solved

Joint (OR) Payee

• 26 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone know how to make a joint payee with the OR option where either party can negotiate the check?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 27 September 2023, 01:44

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @CJohnson15 

This is a feature in Acumatica, but it only appears to be available with the Construction edition. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

It makes me apply an amount payable to each  payee. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I believe that is a system limitation. It doesn’t appear that you can have an OR payee. 

Badge +18

Hello @CJohnson15 ,

I expect  the printed check could be modified using Acumatica Report Designer, to include the field Joint Payee Name from the Joint Payees tab of the AP Bill (this could be tricky if your checks are paying multiple bills!) :

Your partner can assist with Check Modifications, to join in the JointPayee table and modify the Address block formulas to include the word “or” and either the Joint Payee Vendor field (or Joint Payee field when Joint Payee Vendor Field is not populated).

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you all for your help! Laura, I will take you up on that response and contact my partner regarding this customization!

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know how to get started with the Joint Payee function in construction?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Sharonrock 

A check box that indicates (if selected) that for the document, payments should be prepared for multiple payees. This check box appears on the form only if the Construction feature is enabled on the Enable/Disable Features form.

You need to have the Construction feature. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved